Alhamdulillah. Hari ini telah berlalu dgn lancar. Pendaftaran utk MA pun berjalan lancar. Tapi, agak gerun jugak utk sambung belajar ni. Ade jugak perasaan intimidating, inferiority tu...yelah, rata2 yg sambung blaja masih muda lagi. Lagi muda dari sy plak tu! dah jadi lecturer di UITM. Mane x rase intimidated kan. huhu~ I have to try my best and start be organised! C'mon Mimi!
Em. In this entry, i wanna write about being motivated. As a teacher in FELDA, i know that i lack of motivation. Thus, every year, no, let's say, every week i have to find strength and some motivations to push myself to go to the school. you see? I am not that strong actually. So, after attending the course (refer to my previous entry, pls) i felt so motivated and eager to go to school. I've planned a lot in my mind. I've even made some sort of rough plan for my lesson plans. And i am so eager to share this with the other English teachers at my school. (dunno whether they want this information or not.haha. kot2 x sudi la kan.sape la saye. budak hingusan)I wanna do this for the sake of the students. Kalau ikutkan hati, nak je saye buat klas for a few of the students myself. tapi, fikir2 balik, the F5 teachers will get the credit for this, so, biarlah dieorang yg berjuang for the f5 students. I should focus myself on the PMR kids. I love listening to motivating words. Words that can encourage me. Words that get straight through to my heart.
And alhamdulillah, i got to listen to those today. At the end of the course, my JU advised us to be passion and honest in what we are doing. By doing that we can enjoy teaching. Think of our students. Even though they are like a demon, deep inside they are still a person. It's just sometimes, we lose it. And what i loved the most was when Pn Hjh gave a speech. She started her speech with a very inspiring piece of thoughts. At first, i was like..yawning. Then, suddenly, there's something like..i was not sure what had happened. but, i was totally focused on her alone. like, she was giving the speech to me, only me. She gave an example of being a teacher is like Tony Fernandes' case. The first step to succeed is, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Yes, teachers, we have to believe in ourselves then others will put their trust on us. I was kinda struck with this because i know that i am lacking in self confidence. But now, i have gained a bit of confidence. I hope so. Secondly, BELIEVE IN YOUR PRODUCTS.which in this case is, the students. It's like in Tony Fernandes' situation where he believed that he can come out with the cheapest fare for the airlines and the customers have to pay for the fuel and food. People kept saying that was the craziest idea but he did it anyway. And can you see the results now? He had succeeded. because he believed in himself and the AirAsia. The last thing is, teachers need to be creative and innovative in terms of teaching. be prepared, so that the students will enjoy the learning processes. I really loved the speech. It's like still lingering in my mind. But i'm not sure for how long this spirit will be inside me. I am praying hard that Allah will give me the strength. The strength to face the negative thinking people around me. I don't need the demotivating words, please lah. If you wanna say those kind of words, just keep it to your self. Or, if you really can't do it, share it with someone else. Not me.
Ya Allah, i know this is a huge challenge for me. Please guide me through this journey. Help me to be istiqamah and ikhlas in this path that i have chosen. Amin.
What Would You Do If A Student Belittles You?
4 years ago
2 comments:
salam mi, wat pe on MA?
master of Arts ke?
yup Pah. I did MA applied Linguistics under UUM.. heavy course i think. huhu.
Post a Comment