Sunday, July 4, 2010

Teaching should be fun

I was just finished teaching 2 Amanah. I taught them about advertisement and commercials. About why people advertise their products and how they advertise them (Chapter 10 - Wise Choices). I made them thinking and pondering about differences between TV commercials and printed advertisement. I showed them several examples of magazine advertisements and two examples of TV commercials. The kids loved them. I managed to get a lot of good responses, either in Malay and English. They were thinking. They were arguing. They were debating. And that is a good sign. They are using the language. And their minds are working. And i love that.

The climax of this lesson was when I showed them a TV commercial by SuJu and SNSD. The class went "Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh"... And they managed to share and exchange their ideas well. A very well done job to 2 Amanah kids.

Next, i asked them to advertise their own products. I brought several self-care products such as shampoo, deodorant, perfume, toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, body lotion. They randomly picked their own products and discuss how to advertise it. Tomorrow is the presentation day. i'll update about it tomorrow.


p/s: Syada, THANK YOU for the idea! It seems work very well with my Form 2 students... =) *hugs Syada*

0 comments: