Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reflection after action..

Hye there..

How r u guys? Well, i am still survived after three weeks teaching in the SMK Taman Sea, PJ.
I don't really have time to update my blog. I really wanna update my blog, write my experiences being an English 'novice student teacher' in an established school where the students speak fluent English (actually, it's most of the students). Form 4 Bunga Raya (2nd best class) and Form 4 Lili (2nd last class) are the classes that i HAVE to teach. Honestly, it is very tough and hard work to teach them. Both are very challenging classes to me. The students are loud. They speak a lot. They just don't listen. They won't really do what u ask them to do. Sometimes, they act like a child. "Cher, cher...can i...""Cher, see..he throws an eraser to me. I can't think." "Cher, how to spell woodpecker?" "Cher, what are we gonna learn today?" (They asked me this question right after i put my things down on the teacher's desk, even before they greet me. NOTE: This doesn't prove that they are interested to learn, ok) They are FORM FOUR students, 16-years old.

Form 4 BR, i could say that class is very challenging as they are tooo loud. The students speak louder than me. They like to stand in the class. The girls like to scream. They scream a lot. They scream for anything. I just don't get it. I like some of the students in that class, though. Students who listen and pay attention during my lesson. From 42 names (Indians and Chinese), I might remember only half of them. This class is very uncontrollable. Sometimes, i feel like a failure after teaching this class. I fail to control the class, I fail to impart the knowledge to them. O Allah, please give me courage to handle this class. ~Amin

Form 4 Lili, is also a challenging class, in term of discipline. However, the students are not that loud. They listen to me. They do their work. It's just that they don't really involve in any activity that i prepare for them. They are quite passive, unlike the Form 4 BR.

Whatever it is, I am glad that i have survived for this month. There were times where i felt very frustrated and down, but..hey, it's life right?

"Life is unfair. That's why i have to stand here teaching you guys who are not listening to me" (XXX, 2008).

0 comments: