Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nearing to an end...

Today is Wednesday. Then come Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Saturday, the day that i'll be going back to Gua Musang. To SMK Chiku 2..to where i belong. ha ha~

Reflection:
Yesterday, someone asked me this question "So, how does it feel teaching in Gua Musang?"
The same question that my colleagues, my old friends and my relatives had asked me a long time ago "Do you like teaching in Gua Musang? (specifically in SMK Chiku 2)

When first being asked that question..(during the first month of teaching) i took me quite a while to answer that question. Ye la, baru sbulan mengajar. i wasn't sure my true feeling yet. Do i really like teaching in that school?

First-month-of-teaching answer: Ok lah. Not too bad. The students are not that fluent. I think i can handle them. The colleagues are encouraging. I like the school environment very much. (bangunan baru, staff room is air-conditioned and the table is big, comfortable)

Second month answer: Hmm..the colleagues are still ok. Some of the students are good (in term of the relationship with me) The classes that i'm teaching.. Well, very challenging. The learning environment is not that motivating especially for the English subject. I will work hard.

Third month answer: Ok, i'm exhausted. But, i'll try my best coz i think i like the school, the students and the colleagues that i have. Meaning, maybe (err..maybe) i like teaching here.

Four month answer: "Hey kids, can you guys pretend that you like English? Btw, i'm teaching you in front here.." (terase je nak cakap camtu dalam kelas)

Five month answer: I am sooooo exhausted. Kids, please lah. Korang dah nak PMR, buat la care org nk exam.. And the colleagues.. well, still ok. Cume just wondering why the same cikgu has to do all sort of things. hmm.. (time ni dah terfikir nak mintak transfer next year) ha ha ha~

Actually. I think i like teaching in that school. Why?
1) I can save lotsa money. Kos sara hidup tak tinggi. My life there is just "pergi sekolah then balik hostel. Hujung minggu balik rumah KB" That's all. No entertainment, no shopping, no wandering around habiskan duit.
2) The relationship built among the colleagues are ok. The bond that i have with my students are strong i supposed. Not yet of threats and complaints from any party. I love them, do i?
3) The discipline level of the students there are not that bad compared to school in the urban area. (I am so agree with this)

What have made me think to ask for transfer?
1) Lacking of efficiency in terms of the admin stuff. Tengoklah..i havent yet to receive my salary after five/six months of teaching. And my claim tak pernah masuk since January.
2) The journey from home (KB) to Gua Musang. Which i personally believe is dangerous. "Gua Musang is listed as the 'kawasan hitam yg mana paling kerap kemalangan berlaku, especially kawasan Chiku dan ke atas". Yes, i'm risking my life to teach the students there. I guess we all make the sacrifice right? Especially those in hulu2 place, yang kena naik bot meredah lautan. Hope you guys will be strong, ya!

That's all for now, by Teacher Mimi. Going to meet Leng and Wanee after this. Oh how i miss lepak2 with you guys.

~Adios

0 comments: